Become a BUILT GREEN® Member
Built Green Canada offers builder members and supporting members the opportunity to show leadership in sustainability, differentiate themselves in the marketplace and create goodwill within and for the construction sector. The programs are substantially less to participate in financially and are easier to administer than many other programs, offering four levels of certification which mean the builder can work with the consumer to customize their home based on budgets and priorities.
"Built Green Canada has served as a wonderful vehicle to progress our green building and durability initiatives. For companies like ours, it is a simple way to add sustainability to their product offering. Out customers appreciate being able to customize their 'colour of green' by working with our staff to select items that they find important for their new home. The program has differentiated us from our competitors and, over the past ten years, has helped us stay ahead of energy-related code changes."
Murray Pound, V.P. Operations
Gold Seal Master Builder
To become a member please review the criteria below:
Builder/Renovator Membership Criteria
In order to qualify for a Builder/Renovator membership you must meet the following criteria:
- Membership with a
professional builders’ association, as approved by the Built Green Canada
- Adherence to the organization’s
professional code of ethics for members.
- Completion of the
Built Green Canada Training Course and remains current (High Density program
- Membership with a
home warranty program (High Density and Renovator program excluded).
- Payment of Built
Green Canada membership dues up-to-date.
- Completion of a
minimum of one enrollment for a built or renovated Built Green® certified home
per year, unless exempted by the Board of Directors.
Supporting Membership Criteria
As a Supporting member you must meet the following terms:
- Is a member of a
professional association, as approved by the Built Green Canada Executive
Committee, in a field related to energy efficiency, environmental protection,
or residential home construction;
- Adheres to the
member’s professional association code of ethics;
- Demonstrates their
support of Built Green Canada and the BUILT GREEN® Program—for example,
supporting member’s office signage clearly displays the Built Green logo;
- Demonstrates their
commitment to environmental sustainability through business practice including
(must meet three):
- Supporting member has written an environmental policy that defines their commitment (must include an office recycling program and energy efficient lighting)
- Supporting member openly communicates about its environmental practices and performance—for example, includes appropriate signage to reinforce their environmental policy in the office
- Supporting member invests in staff’s professional development by covering the cost of Built Green training
- Supporting member encourages carpooling, public transit, and cycling to and from work
- Supporting member supports public transit and cycling as transportation mode during the workday by covering costs of public transportation and/or ensuring viable space for bicycle storage
- Supporting member has a hybrid or energy efficient vehicle (relevant only to company vehicle)
- Supporting member promotes improved environmental performance by setting expectations for its business partners and seeks business relationships with organizations that share a commitment to sustainability
- Supporting member demonstrates their commitment to environmental sustainability in other ways not included herein.
- Meets the
conditions of membership, as may be set from time to time; and
- Payment of Built Green
Canada membership dues up-to-date.
- Builder/Renovator Membership Dues: $500.00 / year pro-rated
- Supporting Membership Dues: $250.00 / year pro-rated
Once you're approved, your organization is posted on our website and you have access to Built Green Canada's marketing materials, which include a customizable brochure, site/window decal as well as access to the Built Green Canada logo.
For more information: