Become a BUILT GREEN® Member
Built Green Canada offers builder and supporting members the opportunity to show leadership in sustainability, differentiate themselves in the marketplace, and create goodwill within and for the construction sector. The programs are substantially less to participate in financially and are easier to administer than many other programs, offering four levels of certification which mean the builder can work with the consumer to customize their home based on budgets and priorities.
Types of BUILT GREEN® Membership
- Builder members are all those members who are responsible for the design, creation, and construction of housing.
Supporting members are all those who are responsible for products or services they sell or provide for housing construction.
Builder/Renovator Membership Criteria
In order to qualify for a Builder/Renovator membership you must meet the following criteria:
- Membership with a professional builders’ association, as approved by the Built Green Canada Executive Committee.
- Adherence to the organization’s professional code of ethics for members. Completion of the Built Green Canada Training Course and remains current (High Density program excluded).
- Membership with a home warranty program (High Density and Renovator program excluded).
- Payment of Built Green Canada membership dues up-to-date.
- Completion of a minimum of one enrollment for a built or renovated BUILT GREEN® certified home per year, unless exempted by the Board of Directors.
Supporting Membership Criteria
As a Supporting member you must meet the following terms:
- Is a member of a professional association, as approved by the Built Green Canada Executive Committee, in a field related to energy efficiency, environmental protection, or residential home construction;
- Adheres to the member’s professional association code of ethics;
- Demonstrates support of Built Green Canada and the BUILT GREEN® Program—for example, supporting members' office signage clearly displays the BUILT GREEN® logo;
- Demonstrates commitment to environmental sustainability through business practice including (must meet three):
- Supporting member has written an environmental policy defining their commitment (must include an office recycling program and energy efficient lighting);
- Supporting member openly communicates about its environmental practices and performance—for example, includes appropriate signage to reinforce their environmental policy in the office;
- Supporting member invests in staff’s professional development by covering the cost of BUILT GREEN® training;
- Supporting member encourages carpooling, public transit, and cycling to and from work;
- Supporting member supports public transit and cycling as transportation mode during the workday by covering costs of public transportation and/or ensuring viable space for bicycle storage;
- Supporting member has a hybrid or energy-efficient vehicle (relevant only to company vehicles);
- Supporting member promotes improved environmental performance by setting expectations for its business partners and seeks business relationships with organizations that share a commitment to sustainability;
- Supporting member demonstrates their commitment to environmental sustainability in other ways not included herein.
- Meets the
conditions of membership, as may be set from time to time; and
- Payment of Built Green
Canada membership dues up-to-date.
- Builder/Renovator Membership Dues: $500.00/year pro-rated
- Supporting Membership Dues: $250.00/year pro-rated
For more information: